Last night we had over fifty people gather for our class, Kingdom Identity. What a powerful time of singing, learning what Scripture teaches us concerning our identity, getting to know people during our table discussions, and ending the night with some ministry time.
We spent time talking about how our identity is rooted in the Trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), the kingdom of God, and the Church. Then we spent some time talking about how a healthy Christian approach to spirituality has a paradigm of knowing, being, and doing. The last part of our teaching time introduced us to the concept of discovering our purpose through the lens of S.H.A.P.E.:
- Spiritual gifts: what are the gifts God has given you?
- Heart: what are you passionate about?
- Abilities: what are you naturally / supernaturally good at?
- Personality: who has God made you to be?
- Experience: where have you been?
After we finished our teaching time, we spent some time creating space to hear from God and then prayed for a few people.
If you missed last night, don’t worry! You can download the notes here! Next week we’ll be diving into the subject of spiritual gifts, so take this spiritual gift test and bring your results!
- What questions about spiritual gifts do you have?
- What questions about last night do you have?